Gain Confidence to Manage the Witness Examination Process
Get in touch information is loading
This workshop will provide you with the relevant skills to be a witness whether before a court, tribunal, arbitration, a professional regulatory body or a public inquiry. It examines the theory, practice and procedure of giving evidence, and demystifies the process.
Who should attend our Witness Training workshop?
Any employee/organisation who can be called to give evidence in a court or tribunal. It will be of help to anyone who have never given evidence in the past and also to those who have already been in the witness box.
What we'll cover
- Common fears of employee witnesses giving evidence
- Your role – the role of a witness in court
- The civil and criminal justice systems – layout of court, order of questions and what to expect
- Understanding courtroom etiquette
- The role of others – including the judge, jury, magistrates, prosecutors, plaintiff and defence lawyers, defendant, etc
- How to prepare yourself
- How to deal with the butterflies and arrows
- Qualities of a good witness
- Privileged communications
- Dealing with memory – limits, use of notes, conferring with other witnesses
- Tips and traps.
What you'll learn
- This highly practical training session will help you to simplify, communicate and be persuasive with your evidence
- You will be cross-examined on a case study and an experienced lawyer will give constructive feedback on your witness box presentation.
8.15am for 8.30am - 4.30pm
Cost: Inc GST
$1,374 per person
$1,237 per person if booking two weeks before the workshop
$1,168 per person if in a group of three or more
Phone 1800 882 110
Register Download Full Program Brochure Subscribe
What our clients say about our Witness Training workshop
"The presenter was very good and provided excellent examples and practical guidance. Very satisfied with the workshop"
"Excellent workshop – very thorough."
Support when you need it the most
As a participant of our program you'll have comfort in knowing that you can depend on us for ongoing support. Whether it be two weeks or two years after the workshop, you can call us at any time for a short, no-cost consultation.