The traditional legal career path is evolving. By consulting with us you can expand your experience, develop your skill set and work on a variety of assignments with top-tier organisations in a range of sectors.
What skills are you looking for?
To be eligible to be a CU Connect consultant, you will need:
- 5+ years' experience private practice or an in-house role;
- to be located and have the right to work in Australia;
- to hold or be eligible for an Australian practising certificate.
How will it work?
Lawyers who join CU Connect will be able to choose from short or fixed-term opportunities with Clayton Utz and our clients. The nature and number of opportunities will depend on your skills and availability. CU Connect lawyers can be employed as a casual employee or as an independent contractor. We will work with you to find the best arrangement to suit your needs.
Why would I sign up?
You might be looking to explore a different or non-traditional career path, or you may be looking for greater balance between your personal and work commitments.
The benefits of signing up include:
- experience working for high profile clients or matters;
- working to a schedule that suits your lifestyle;
- access to firm resources and in some cases (depending on employment status) firm benefits;
- flexibility to work when and on the basis you choose.
Can I work for anyone else?
Due to the nature of flexible working, it is likely that throughout your time with CU Connect you may work for other organisations. We will assess each situation on a case-by-case basis and work with you to manage any conflict issues that may arise.