Sundance Resources: we advised ASX-listed Sundance Resources on the development of the Mbalan Iron Ore Project in the Republic of Cameroon and Republic of Congo in Central West Africa, including the tendering of the Definitive Feasibility Study and the preparation of EPCM, consultancy, and construction contracts.
Extract Resources: we have acted for ASX/TSX/NSX listed Extract Resources in connection with:
- the £632 million recommended conditional cash offer by Taurus Mineral Limited, an entity owned by Chinese state-owned CGNPC Uranium Resources Co. and the China-Africa Development Fund, for AIM listed Kalahrai Minerals plc; and
- its A$1.6 billion Husab uranium project in Namibia.
African Energy Resources Ltd: we acted for ASX-listed African Energy Resources Ltd on the development of a coal fired power station in the Republic of Botswana. We advised on the commercial structure of the project, the Memorandum of Understanding and the possible project delivery models for the design and construction of the power station and the related mine infrastructure. We have also advised on various commercial agreements in relation to uranium joint venture projects in Zambia.
Anvil Mining: we advised ASX and TSX listed copper producer Anvil Mining Limited in connection with:
- the all-cash A$1.3billion takeover by Minmetals Resources Limited;
- several significant disputes with contractors relating to the $400 million refurbishment of existing plant and infrastructure; and
- the successful defence by Anvil Mining against a Democratic Republic of Congo Military Court action, a class action in Australia and an Australian Federal Police investigation into alleged bribery claims.
Société Des Mines De Syama S.A (SOMISY S.A): we advised on the project delivery/contract model for the expansion of their gold mine and processing plant in Mali, West Africa, which will incorporate a new oxide processing plant, sulphide comminution circuit and associated infrastructure.
Bellzone Mining Ltd: we advised on the project structure and delivery of the Kalia Iron Project located in Republic of Guinea, Western Africa. The project involves the development of an iron ore mine, processing/beneficiation plant, deep-water port and connecting rail line. We have also advised on the briefing of the specialist consultants to undertake the BFS and DFS for the project as well as consultants involved in debt and equity raising for the project development.
Anti-bribery and Corruption (ABC): we are establishing or have recently established ABC compliance programs, undertaken management and Board training, and advised on related risks for Australian mining companies with assets in Malawi, Namibia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania, Niger, Burkina Faso, Liberia and other African countries. We have also been providing similar ABC advice to mining services and logistics companies with operations throughout Africa.
GET IN TOUCH
Get in touch information is loading