As one of Australia's leading law firms, we know what clients want and expect from us.
Whether those clients are Australian-based with a need for help on offshore transactions. Or whether those clients are foreign entities who are investing or doing business in Australia. With over 180 years' experience of operating in the global economy for foreign and home-grown clients, we have a track-record of getting the job done well … and without fuss.
Australia as a destination: our offering to International clients
Australia has long been a preferred destination for foreign investment. Clayton Utz has been at the forefront in helping seasoned offshore investors with Australian legal and regulatory issues and helping new investors understand how to invest and build their business in Australia. We understand that investors from different regions and economies come to the table with different needs, attitudes and expectations. We respond to those differences because we understand that each international investor is unique.
The world as a destination: our offering to Australian clients
What do sophisticated Australian clients want when it comes to cross-border legal services?
They want to be able to choose the best firm for the job.
Our independence allows us to pursue whole-business relationships with a range of leading foreign firms, not one.
Whether it's an English or a US-based global firm, the pre-eminent firm in a particular country, or an expert in a highly specialised area, our clients get access to best-in-market quality, unconstrained by brand, and real choice to engage with the world's best.
What this means for our clients is access to firms that:
- are practice or industry leaders in their jurisdiction;
- transact in the relevant language and understand the local regulatory environment, conditions and customs; and
- share our commitment to the highest standards of service delivery.
What this means for us is:
- sharing practice and service innovation with the best firms in the world and bringing it to our people and our clients in Australia;
- knowledge of cutting edge global deals and structuring developments; and
- opportunities to pursue secondment and work options with some of the world's best.
Talk to us about what it means for you to engage with the leading Australian law firm and the pre-eminent firms across the globe that we can bring to the table.
Our Doing Business in Australia guide provides you with an overview of Australia’s economic, legal and regulatory environment, and practical advice on doing business in Australia.
Our International Connections. (PDF 483.4KB)