You may be interested in:
- 1. COVID-19 regulation wrap-up for 2022
The National Cabinet's new strategy signals that employers will need to be more vigilant about monitoring and responding to the risks of COVID-19 infection in the workplace.
Article, 22 Dec 2022
- 2. Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policies still possible, if done correctly
Employers who have, or are considering imposing, a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy have some important guidance from the Fair Work Commission on what is lawful and reasonable (Construction, Forestry, Maritime, Mining and Energy Union, Mr Matthew Howard v Mt Arthur Coal Pty Ltd T/A Mt Arthur Coal  FWCFB 6059).
Article, 6 Dec 2021
- 3. My employee refuses to be vaccinated against COVID-19: What do I do?
Employers must make sure they are aware of their rights and obligations in the face of any employee who refuses to be vaccinated, especially if they are covered by a vaccine mandate.
Article, 29 Nov 2021
- 4. Mythbusting legal misinformation about COVID-19 vaccine mandates: what employers can do
We have collated some of the false information presented in pseudolegal documents about COVID-19 vaccine mandates being provided to employees, and what you can do if you're given one.
Article, 16 Nov 2021
- 5. Clayton Utz Safety pod
In a pandemic world, the questions about workplace safety issues and concerns come thick and fast. In the Clayton Utz Safety Pod mini-series of podcasts, our work health and safety experts Hilary Searing, Shae McCartney, and the occasional outside expert, help you map out your response (and share the occasional war story along the way).
Audio, 31 Aug 2021
- 6. Latest Government guidance reaffirms voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy
The Fair Work Ombudsman and Safe Work Australia released updated guidance indicating that "the overwhelming majority of employers should assume that they won't be able to require their employees to be vaccinated against coronavirus".
Article, 23 Feb 2021
- 7. Webinar: National Safe Work Month - WHS through COVID-19
This is a critical time for health and safety. There will be ongoing challenges to face and organisations need to ensure that they are continuing to manage their own risk management obligations, and take into consideration emerging risks associated with COVID-19.
Video, 15 Oct 2020
- 8. Webinar: COVID-19 and the not-for-profit sector
Join David Hillard, Hilary Searing and Oshie Fagir as they explore some of the challenges, opportunities and potential exposure for those involved in the leadership of not-for-profit organisations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Video, 5 Aug 2020
- 9. National COVID-19 Safe Workplace Principles and Industry-specific Guidelines
The Principles require businesses to take proactive steps in ensuring the workplace is a healthy and safe working environment for every person.
Article, 18 May 2020
- 10. COVID-19: Can I temperature test my workers?
Employers may implement temperature testing, however, they must be mindful of the limitations as a control measure, as well as taking into account employee privacy concerns.
Article, 18 May 2020