You may be interested in:
- 1. Webinar: Leasing - Tenant Distress and Insolvency
In this webinar. we will provide you with information and basic strategies on how to manage tenancy default issues and insolvency issues in leasing transactions.
Video, 17 Feb 2021
- 2. Webinar: Government - Managing Fraud Risk and Investigations in a COVID Environment
In this session, Chelsea Hosking and Belinda Miller discuss key trends and fraud-related risks, how to manage the increased risk in the workplace, and how to investigate and respond to fraud-related issues in already-disrupted work environments.
Video, 10 Nov 2020
- 3. Webinar: At the edge of the cliff – What will happen when JobKeeper ends?
On 21 July 2020, the Federal Government announced the extension of the JobKeeper Payment until 28 March 2021, to continue supporting businesses significantly impacted by COVID-19. However, from 28 September 2020, the payment rates have started being stepped-down and two tiers of payment have come into effect.
Video, 21 Oct 2020
- 4. Webinar: National Safe Work Month - WHS through COVID-19
This is a critical time for health and safety. There will be ongoing challenges to face and organisations need to ensure that they are continuing to manage their own risk management obligations, and take into consideration emerging risks associated with COVID-19.
Video, 15 Oct 2020
- 5. WA keeps business moving: COVID-19 Response and Economic Recovery Omnibus Bill 2020
These changes allow Government to ensure business continuity under pandemic conditions, and bring a significant number of Acts into the 21st century by allowing government departments and agencies to use digital technology to keep the machinery of government moving.
Article, 17 Sep 2020
- 6. Court weighs in on COVID-19 leasing legislation: Landlords may need to prepare for the long haul
A recent decision of the NSW Supreme Court contains the first glimpse of how the Courts may interpret the wording of the Mandatory Code and its interaction with the State and Territory based legislation.
Article, 8 Sep 2020
- 7. ACT extends COVID-19 relief for residential tenancies
The purpose of the amendments is to ensure that COVID-19 impacted tenants continue to receive relief beyond the Moratorium Period.
Article, 7 Sep 2020
- 8. Victorian COVID-19 Emergency Measures Act amendments for commercial and retail leases and licences
The proposed new provisions would extend temporary COVID-19 measures but are enabling only, so their impact will ultimately depend on any amendments made to the Regulations.
Article, 7 Sep 2020
- 9. Additional areas of due diligence focus in the COVID-19 era
The disruption and instability brought by the COVID-19 pandemic have created the need for all businesses to rapidly adapt in their practices, with the conducting of due diligence being no exception
Article, 3 Sep 2020
- 10. ASIC's expectations of lenders when COVID-19 loan repayment deferrals end
Banks and other retail lenders will need to ensure they have adequate and appropriate resources, and processes and policies, to be able to meet ASIC's expectations when dealing with customers as their loan repayment deferrals come to an end.
Article, 3 Sep 2020
- 11. Webinar: 2020 State Election: Caretaker in the time of COVID
As the date for the State election is now fixed, Eleanor Dickens and Tim Gordon discuss the critical questions surrounding what the Government can and cannot do during the Caretaker Period, and a number of post-election issues.
Video, 27 Aug 2020
- 12. Webinar: Reining in risk in Government contracts
Donna Charlesworth and Eloise Hopkinson share strategies for managing counter-party risks in Government contracts, including practical steps agencies can take when procuring services during the current COVID-19 climate.
Video, 18 Aug 2020
- 13. It's time to give your whistleblowing program a COVID-19 refresh
The COVID-19 pandemic has given whistleblowers greater scope to make complaints, while at the same time creating practical impediments to the effectiveness of whistleblower programs, so you should review your policies and processes – or risk a mismanaged whistleblower issue snowballing into reputational and financial damage.
Article, 17 Aug 2020
- 14. Virtual shareholder meetings during COVID-19: are they here to stay?
We take a look at trends in shareholder meetings as a result of ASIC's determination permitting virtual meetings in response to COVID-19.
Article, 17 Aug 2020
- 15. Data breaches during COVID-19: Insights and best practice tips from the OAIC
The Privacy Commissioner's report is a timely reminder for organisations and agencies to review the privacy impact of any business practices changed in response to COVID-19, and assess and address any associated privacy risks.
Article, 6 Aug 2020
- 16. Webinar: Returning to the workplace in the post COVID-19 world – Do I have to?
In March 2020, many workplaces demonstrated their resilience and capacity to adapt quickly, where they could, to "Working from Home" or "WFH", as it's now often called. Join Hedy Cray and Laura Hillman as they discuss challenges and opportunities in managing the return to the workplace
Video, 6 Aug 2020
- 17. Webinar: COVID-19 and the not-for-profit sector
Join David Hillard, Hilary Searing and Oshie Fagir as they explore some of the challenges, opportunities and potential exposure for those involved in the leadership of not-for-profit organisations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Video, 5 Aug 2020
- 18. Victoria to mandate face coverings - what does this mean for PCBUs across Australia?
The Victorian Department of Health and Human Services has announced that people living in metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire will be required to wear a face covering when leaving their houses, effective from 11:59pm on Wednesday 22 July 2020, with an inspection and enforcement blitz by WorkSafe, Emergency Management Victoria and Victoria Police to follow. Other States may be looking at doing something similar.
Article, 21 Jul 2020
- 19. Webinar: Data, privacy and record keeping challenges
Scott Crabb and David Benson share their insights on data, privacy and record keeping challenges in the current COVID-19 climate.
Video, 21 Jul 2020
- 20. Webinar: Do your existing insurances cover business interruption losses arising from COVID-19?
Join Lucy, Fred and Chris as they discuss whether your existing insurances cover business interruption losses arising from Covid-19.
Video, 14 Jul 2020
- 21. COVID-19 planning modifications in Queensland
Requirements which apply to public notification of development applications, including those in priority development areas, and public access to documents have been temporarily modified in response to the COVID-19 emergency.
Article, 9 Jul 2020
- 22. Appearing in the Administrative Appeals Tribunal during COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic has led to the introduction of Special Measures Practice Directions in the Administrative Appeals Tribunal, shifting the hearing process to a virtual setting and introducing temporary changes to practice and procedure.
Article, 25 Jun 2020
- 23. The race for the COVID-19 vaccine and patents: Do we need a temporary lockdown?
Australian patent law already contains mechanisms to enable "special access" to patented pharmaceuticals and other technologies, including (perhaps especially) in times like this.
Article, 25 Jun 2020
- 24. Procurement of public construction works and services in Victoria in response to COVID-19
Victorian agencies may be permitted to use a “Limited Tender” process in certain circumstances to rapidly procure construction works or services in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Article, 11 Jun 2020
- 25. Greater clarity for Queensland landlords and tenants: the long-awaited COVID-19 Regulation is now in force
Queensland's commercial and retail landlords and tenants can now start negotiating COVID-19 related variations of lease with greater certainty and clarity.
Article, 29 May 2020